I feel a very unusual sensation - if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude. Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)
Monday, February 18, 2013
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
ok, let's do it
being a geology lover, i'd felt incomplete living in Lassen County but never having traveled the Bumpass Hell trail in Lassen Volcanic National Park.
Well, now i have! and i am grateful for the experience. it was amazing.
boiling water at bumpass hell (melted pyrite floating on surface)
gorgeous. lassen national park
i wanted to get into that water so bad!
lassen park sign
another cool sign. lassen park
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
today, i was prompted by a random urge to check my horoscope on freewill astrology... to start posting more.
Entomologist Justin O. Schmidt drew up an index to categorize the discomfort caused by stinging insects. The attack of the bald-faced hornet is "rich, hearty, slightly crunchy. Similar to getting your hand mashed in a revolving door." A paper wasp delivers pain that's "caustic and burning," with a "distinctly bitter aftertaste. Like spilling a beaker of hydrochloric acid on a paper cut." The sweat bee, on the other hand, can hurt you in a way that's "light, ephemeral, almost fruity. A tiny spark has singed a single hair on your arm." In bringing this to your attention, Gemini, I hope to inspire the rebel in you. Your homework is to create an equally nuanced and precise index of experiences that feel good. According to my reading of the astrological omens, you will be able to call on tremendous reserves of intelligence as you identify the numerous modes of pleasure that are available to you, and define them in exquisite detail.
i guess i can START with a big thank you to freewill astrology.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
i am thankful that i can walk (really fast) i am thankful for creativity. i am thankful for freedom of speech. i am thankful for times when i am not noticed when i don't feel like being noticed.
okay, i feel complaints creeping in.
i am thankful for Eckhart Tolle's New Earth.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
1 million love messages
1- 3 Things You Love in your boyfriend.
- i love how he can tell you just about any actor's name and what movies they have been in but he can't remember what he did yesterday.
- i love his extensive knowledge about everything you would ever want to know about any car.
- i love his willingness to do what i want if i just ask nicely.
2- 3 Things You Love in a Friend
- i love friends who stimulate me to grow and expand my horizons
- i love friends who are funny
- i love friends who are honest
3- 3 Things You Love in a Book
- i love books written in an unusual writing style.
- i love books that get me to think about new things or in new ways
- i love books that help me learn more about everything!
4- 3 Things You Love in a Movie
- i love movies that make me cry whether in joy, understanding, or sorrow.
- i love beautiful visuals in a movie, like cinematography, costume
- sometimes i just love nostalgic movies that remind me of my youth.
5- 3 Things You Love in a Blog
- PICTURES taken by the blogger and OF the blogger
- blogs that are frequently updated and constantly changing things
- honesty/being unafraid to say what they think
6- 3 Things You Love to Talk About
- shakespeare's writing
- celebrity gossip
- human behavior
7- 3 Things You Love to do in Vacations
- eat at restaurants
- take pics
8- 3 Things You Love to Eat
- cottage cheese, tomatoes, spinach & wheat germ
- thai green curry chicken with basmati rice
- honeycomb candy, aka seafoam, velvet crumble, spun molasses
9- 3 Things You Love to Happen in Your Life
- get free stuff
- find awesome stuff at thrift stores/yard sales
- find new music i love
10- 3 Things You Love in 1 Million Love Messages
- i'm a sucker for inspirational quotations
- it's cool that you can choose to listen to each post
- a positive web presence in a blog-eat-blog world.
this meme was started by